Umbrella Corps is an upcoming game based in the Resident Evil universe. I am a big fan of the Resident Evil games as I mentioned when talking about the release of Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster. This Capcom game is scheduled to be released in May 2016 on PC and PS4.
It is not your traditional Resident Evil game, though. Umbrella Corps is a competitive multiplayer shooter featuring zombies where players play as a mercenary from two different and hostile corporations. With teamwork, they need to eliminate their rivals. They will need to eliminate or at least, fend off the zombies hordes at the same time if these videos are anything to go by. Players can choose to play from a first-person perspective, or a third-person perspective.
Umbrella Corps uses an analog cover system that lets you choose how much cover to use.By lightly pressing the trigger, you can fire while still hidden behind cover, but your shots will only be accurate enough for covering fire. Conversely, you can squeeze the trigger to gradually come out of cover and increase your accuracy, but doing so will expose you to the enemy.
The locations will be familiar to fans of Resident Evil. For example:
- Tricell HQ: The secret headquarters of Tricell, a multinational conglomerate that appeared in Resident Evil 5.
- Village: An abandoned village in Europe that was featured in Resident Evil 4.
There are three game modes:
- Online Battles: There are no overpowered weapons in this game; take advantage of the situation at hand if you want to win. While your own skill is important, you’ll also have to work together with your team if you want to master the battlefield.
- One-Life Match: There are no respawns in One-Life Match: once you die, it’s game over. You’ll have to rethink the way you approach combat in this 3-minute battle for survival. The nature of the fight can change in the blink of an eye.
- Single-Player Game Mode: Take on over 20 tough missions against the infected and other creatures in quarantined zones in this single-player mode. Battling through these missions will turn any green-eared newbie into a battle-hardened veteran. This mode is great for those who want to know more about the world of Umbrella Corps, and for those who want to polish their skills before taking the fight online.
The price is set at $29.99.